CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Flying over the Cuckoos Nest

I've been considering creating a new blog for my personal thoughts for several weeks now. Trying to come up with a new name is very hard. Then I figured...why would I write another blog, I can barely find time to post on this one. So....I decided to edit the name a bit, per some familial help and combine my children and my own thoughts in "Flying over the Cuckoos Nest". Some might think that this has a negative ring to it, but I only speak the truth and I do in fact live most of the time in the Cuckoos Nest.

Things that have made me happy today:
1. No one called Cooper a girl in the church nursery today even thought he was wearing one of his man dresses. Now, this is something that truly amazes me about living outside of the South. I'm all about a nice casual outfit and all but I was raised to dress your children up when you go in public. Not a universal thought.
2. McDonald's has a 0.69 cent xlarge diet coke special right now. This is great because it can actually last you all day (unless you're my brother and then it will last you 5 minutes).
3. JoAnn's Fabrics is a very fun store. It has lots of great scrapbooking items and nice picture frames. Each time I go there I think I should start scrapbooking and I buy some new supplies and they sit in a box. It always seems like a good idea....it just doesn't work out for me.
4. The fact that Cooper just spit up and Trip went and got a burp cloth to wipe his mouth. How sweet! !!! Then he knocked him on the ground. This for some reason reminds me of the time my brother gave me a purple popsicle in my crib and my mom came in to find me with a blue mouth and thought I wasn't breathing. Oh....the memories. More to come.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cuckoos should be possessive. Either cuckoo's, as if to imply one bird owns the nest. Or, cuckoos' which would imply more than one bird owns the nest.

Kat said...

Give her a break "Harold"...